Thursday 11 October 2012

Welcome campers :)

Hello, and welcome to ocd camp, a place where my mind is free to wonder through obsessive compulsive disorder, and maybe take a few people with me, to inform, challenge, and maybe amuse just a little.
Let me introduce myself, I'll be your camp leader, I have over 15 years experience with ocd, living with it on a daily basis. It has seen me in some really dark places, but has also shown me the humourous side of a mental illness too. It can be very challenging and deceptive, it can turn your whole life upside down in a flash.
Many trivialise it as a quirk or just someone being fussy, so I'm here to guide you through and show you just what a mental illness can do to a person

So grab your mental rucksack, pitch your virtual tents and come sit around the campfire of insanity.
I'll be around at least once a week (probably on a friday night, such is my thrilling social life) to make sure your kept updated with all the need to know ocd events of my life and to answer any questions you may have.

Happy camping :)

No comments:

Post a Comment