Friday 26 October 2012

Spooktacular!

Well, it is that time of year when we sit around and try and scare each other witless with tales of terror, yes it's Halloween, so sit tight, grab a pillow while I terrorise you with my own tales of horror mwah ha ha ha haaaaaaaaaaaaa.

After the (understandable) cancellation of a Halloween party, I decided rather than wallow in my own ocd misery and paranoia I would in fact organise a Halloween play date for bobo's friends! It seemed like a good idea, but in my enthusiasm to throw a wonderful Halloween tea party I completely forgot that my ocd and my house were against me. So what started as an ok week has slowly turned into an ocd hell, where I have been left trying to do it all last minute. Now don't get me wrong, I love hosting little tea parties, and having fun. But when you have a teething 18 month old and ocd it's a challenge. It's meant a late night tonight, and an early wake up call in the morning to get it all done, and I also have the added extra of making a pumpkin soup with the left overs from my jack o'lantern (which I might add looks pretty fine). It's all a screaming mess, well actually it's fine, I'm a screaming mess!

I have a list, in fact I have several lists, but right now while I'm writing this I have a list swimming around my head of things that need doing, but it's getting so bad I've already cleaned out the fridge, twice!! Problem is, the more I try to organise the less I get done, so now I have to get up early, panic and stress, do all the things that don't need doing, forget the stuff that does need doing, get myself in a tizz and then pretend I'm sane and relaxed when guests arrive! Easy lol

This week hasn't been to bad, I've had some very enjoy times, meeting up with friends and having fun with bobo, but even this has presented problems, case in point, the missing purse.

I arranged to meet up with a friend and her son for a play date at a local soft play center, I hate being late, sets my ocd off something rotten. So I leave in plenty of time and get there ridiculously early. We sit in the car waiting til it's time and then start getting ready to go in, check I've got my stuff: change bag? Check, keys? Check, purse? Che..... Hang on, I know it's in my bag somewhere, must have moved it to the other side, nope, maybe inside, nope. Well I must have moved it somewhere! And that's when the pit of my stomach dropped to a level so low I didn't even know it exsist ed, I did move my purse, it's in my other bag!!!!!! Omg, I don't have time to go home but I need my purse so I have to go home, but that will make me late, that will make me look like a horrible person who doesn't care about other people. Maybe I should just cancel!!! I just want the ground to open up and swallow me whole. How could I be that stupid?? I'm so stupid, so dumb its surprising anyone wants to be friends with me, I waste other people's time, how rude of me, I'm do inconsiderate, people shouldn't have to put up with the likes of me!!!!

So I finally make it, 10 minutes late, I didn't cancel, I refused too, for the sake of my son. And do you know what? We had a great time there. But later when I got home my brain just couldn't leave it alone!! So now before I leave the house I have another list bouncing around in my brain, a list of the things I need to take with me to stop me being s bad person
Another list, another weapon for the ocd. Take aim and fire. Direct hit. List list list list list list list, and when I finish writing this ill be writing a list of what needs doing when I get up, as if the unfinished list from today isn't enough, I need a list of lists just so I know what's going on!!

I'm drowning in lists, glug glug

Are you scared yet? Happy Halloween my dear campers x x x

No comments:

Post a Comment