Thursday 12 September 2013

The ultimate 'I want' list

Well my happy campers, after a long summer, the campsite has now reopened and is ready for business 😃 it's been a while, but the tents are pitched, the campfire is roaring and its time to roast some marshmellowy thoughts!!

The ultimate 'I want' list

I want a functioning brain
And a working body
A happy family
And joyful friends
The perfect job 
And the perfect house
Swimming in money
And a holiday or two
I want someone that cleans
And someone that cooks
Someone that drives 
And a fancy car
I want a functioning brain
And a working body
But most importantly 
I WANT IT ALL!

And really, why shouldn't I? Why can't we have our cake and eat it?


So we can have everything that we truly inherently want, but what about the stuff we want, the missed opportunities, the other choices we didn't choose? What do we do with them? 
I hate making a decision because once you choose one thing, you shut the door to the other!!! But what if I want both, both choices at the same time? What would happen if I chose both? Would the world implode? Would the known universe come crashing down around us? In a sense yes. My universe would fracture by the sheer force of choosing and maintaining two things at once. One of your choices will over power the other eventually and leave you in a mess without either of your choices, and that would be sad 😪. Are you following me on this one? Or have you given up hope that I'll ever make sense and made the choice to stop reading?

Ok so here is a simple example: someone offers me either chocolate or vanilla ice cream, but I only have one bowl. Now I can choose the velvety creaminess of the vanilla, or the rich sweetness of the chocolate. But being the fat pig that I am, I order both. To begin with this works fine, a mouthful of yummy vanilla followed by a mouthful of yummy chocolate mmmmm, but as I carry on, the ice creams begin to melt and merge and I can't keep my ice creams in order. All I end up with is a weak  chocolate mess. I no longer have my velvety vanilla as the chocolate has over powered it, but by doing so the richness of the chocolate has been diluted. Now nothing tastes as good!!! 

So I guess the moral is, yes you can have it all, but you'll just end up with a sticky messy milkshake, and no one wants that, do they?

No comments:

Post a Comment