Sunday 23 December 2012

The ocd before Christmas

Wishing all those who camp here with me a very merry Christmas. Will be seeing you all in the new year :)

For now I'll just leave you with my night before Christmas, enjoy.

Twas the night before Christmas
When all through my brain
Ocd was stirring
Like a runaway train

the children all tucked up
Safely in bed
Mum up fretting and
Cleaning instead

When out in the hallway
Hubby asked what is the matter
I answered with haste
Can't you see all the clutter

The family are coming
The house isn't done
There's so much to do
I won't be much fun

Riddled with guilt
That the day would go wrong
Ocd whistled
And rejoiced in its song

Come panic, come grief, 
Come guilt, come shame
Come dispair, come obsession
Come, anxiety and self blame

There in my brain
Lay ocd
Laughing and jeering
Not letting me be

With a laugh and a smile
And a wink of an eye
I knew I could wish
My Christmas goodbye

The festive good cheer
Of those all around
In my ocd brain
Could not be found

With a nod of the head
Ocd took flight
shouted Merry Christmas to all
Except you, good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment